For those on the go, here is a quick 5 minute recipe to scarf down and be on your way!
Serves 1 | Vegetarian | 10 mins Prep & Cook Time
Cancer-Crusade Turmeric Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1-2 tsp ground dried or fresh turmeric
- 1 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns*
- Dulse flakes (salt alternative) or plain old salt to taste
Brain boosting toast
- 1 slice sprouted whole grain toast (Ezekiel is great)
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat up a pan on medium high heat with the olive oil in it. Pop your toast in the toaster while the pan is heating up. Once the pan is hot crack open your eggs right into the pan (or transfer from the small dish that you innovatively used to remove any shells).
- Cook eggs undisturbed until the whites turn opaque. Slide those babies on to your plate and sprinkle with turmeric, ground pepper, dulse flakes or salt.
- Mash up the avocado onto toast, top with red pepper flakes and lemon
Still hungry from your butt kicking workout this morning? Grab a half cup of your favorite in season fruit to balance out your breakfast.
Having black peppercorns in a grider as opposed to preground peppercorns will help your pepper stay fresh and retain the active ingredient “peperine” found naturally in the spice! Peperine has been suggest to help control the growth of tumors and reduce the risk of cancer.
Peperine helps the body to absorb “curcumin”, the active ingredient found in turmeric, which has had a host of research dedicated towards its ability to reduce cancer risk as well. Pair these two spices with healthy fats like olive oil or avocado and you have a well rounded plate that increases the bioavailability (your ability to absorb said nutrients) of both curcumin and peperin!