This super simple recipe is go-to for snacks or lunch on the run. This nutrient dense recipe is sure to leave you feeling full and energized to tackle the goals of your day!
Pony up with this fresh and energizing snack or grab-and-go lunch!
- 15.5 oz can black beans drained
- 15.5 oz can black-eyed peas drained
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 medium green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapeño peppers optional
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove fresh
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Mix beans, peas, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño peppers in a large bowl. Season with powdered garlic.
Add dressing and cilantro; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Vitamin A: 2%
- Vitamin C: 9%
- Calcium: 40%
- Iron: 7%