Great ready to feast on the most delicious kale salad you will ever have with a creamy tahini dressing! Straight from the Elevated Kitchen, this salad will improve digestion, reduce inflammation, and increase the calcium and fiber in your diet.
Be sure to make extra to share with your community as it will not last. This salad is an excellent one to make for meal prepping because it gets tastier the day after you make it. It holds well in the fridge so you can pull from your big salad bowl all week for a fresh and wholesome option to your lunch or dinner!
Kale Salad with Creamy Tahini Dressing
Per Each Salad Serving
- 1/2 bunch kale tuscan or lacinato variety
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or rice, farro, freekah, wheat berries, etc.
- 1 medium carrots sliced into long ribbons with a julienne peeler or regular veggie peeler
- 1 medium radish thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds, toasted
- optional halved cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, chopped bell pepper, etc.
Creamy Tahini Dressing
- 2/3 cup Olive oil
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño seeds and membranes removed & roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
To prepare the kale (skip this step if you’re using any other kind of fresh green), first use a sharp chef’s knife to remove the center ribs from the kale, then discard the ribs. Chop the kale into small, bite-sized pieces. Then, sprinkle the kale lightly with salt, and massage the kale by scrunching handfuls at a time until the kale is darker in color and fragrant. This step reduces the bitterness in the kale and improves its texture.
In a bowl, combine the prepared kale, leftover grains (I like to warm mine a bit in the microwave first), carrot, radishes, toasted pepitas, and/or your toppings of choice.
To make the dressing: Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary. Taste, and blend in additional salt if the dressing needs a little more oomph. If you’d like spicier dressing, blend in a pinch of red pepper flakes. If the dressing is too bold for your liking, dilute it with a little more olive oil and blend again.
Drizzle the tahini dressing generously over the salad (you’ll still have plenty leftover) and enjoy.
- Vitamin A: 375% DV
- Vitamin C: 88% DV
- Calcium: 29% DV
- Iron: 54% DV